Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My teef hurt

I need to start having a weekly blog entitled "What was I thinking??"

Last night I made a bad decision.

As I was cleaning out my bathroom's linen closet yesterday, I found my old teeth bleaching trays. Low and behold, there were 3-two year old syringes filled with teeth bleach still in the box. Well shoot, I thought. I should see if these still work. I mean, their old, but at worst they've probably lost their potency. So, before bed, I loaded up the teeth trays with bleaching solution, actually, I used EXTRA solution assuming it had lost it's potency, shoved them in my mouth (yay the trays still fit!) and laid in bed to read. I'll just leave them in until I shut the light off for the night; maybe an hour or so.

Fast forward to 7am this morning when I woke up to tooth pain. One tray was still in my mouth and the other was lost in the sheets. I felt like every tooth in my mouth had a toothache. I couldn't breathe through my mouth. I went into the bathroom and read the instructions, which stated to not leave the trays in longer than 2 hours. Good job, Nik.

It's now evening, and it's been a long day of not being able to chew, drink hot or cold beverages, or take a deep breath in through the mouth. I've been running my tongue over my teeth all day as a confort mechanism. I took some ibuprofen (which did nothing). I just now bolused for a piece of toast (which I barely toasted to make it softer to bite into) and guess what- I can't bite into it. So I tore a corner off and shoved it in my mouth, and ended up almost swallowing the bite whole because it hurt to much to chew. In fact, the only meal I've successfully eaten today was breakfast, when I made scrambled eggs and waited for them to be room temp to eat them. And each chew was made slowly and with planned intent. I keep singing the commercial for Tums, but substituting the words Dumb, dumb dumb dumb DUMB! Srsly.

All that pain, and my teeth don't even look whiter.

Gah!

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! That sucks! Hopefully your teeth will feel better in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap, that's actually kind of scary. I hope you didn't damage something serious! and wtf eh? they don't even look whiter? what a royal pain in the teef.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, OUCH!!! Mouth pain is soooo aggravating, I hope it's better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fiona, I feel so bad putting my situation up against your tooth nightmare. You win, hands down! :)

    ReplyDelete