Thursday, June 7, 2012

Meeting up with some fine peeps in the DOC

Last Friday I got the privilege of meeting up with some freaking awesome 'betes peeps here in the Twin Cities. Jeff Mathers, Scully, Scott Johnson, and AuntlyH. It was so great to finally meet Scully! Her and I have "met" through DOC/blogs but never in person! What a sweetheart with a great sense of humor. And all I can say is WOW, these are the nicest, funnest (I know, not a word in the actual dictionary but it is in mine) people I've met in a long time. I felt right at home in their company. There was good energy swirling all around. Here are a couple of pictures Jeff Mather and Scully took. If I look crazy in a couple, it's because I am. I'm a crazy happy person most of the time, but around these fine people, it was magnified!


photo credit: Jeff Mather
YEAHHH!! So happy I can't keep it inside!


photo credit: Jeff Mather
Scott and me!



Photo credit: Jeff Mather
Scully and me chattin' it up

This one was taken when we were trying to find some coffee place- ANY coffee place, which you wouldn't think would be that hard in the state's capital. It apparently was NOT in the cards!

photo credit: Chris Scully

After we were unsuccessful at finding an open coffee shop, I headed home. Except I didn't. I got lost. (If you know me, you are not surprised. You are aware that I get lost everywhere I go). My phone GPS took me into a very scary area of town. It was dark out, and I could NOT find my way out. I drove around in this same neighborhood for probably 30 minutes or more. I was so scared that my blood sugar dropped low, low enough that I had to PULL OVER and treat it. Not here...please not here! My thoughts, which were racing through my head at that point, went something like this. Holy Crap! Where the H am I? STOOPID iPhone GPS! Quit saying "recalculating" and find where I am! Crap, what was that noise??? Omgomgomg. I hope I'm not wearing the wrong colors. Do these people that are hanging out in the middle of the street know that I'm lost? Because they've seen me drive by 4 times. I'm going to die and no one will find me because my GPS can't identify where I'm at! Are Subaru Outbacks hot in the underground market? Hope not. Is my bg up yet????? Better call some friends and tell them one of these street names so they know where to look for the body.

So how did I eventually get out of there? I saw a minivan drive down a road and I turned around and followed it. I figured they were heading somewhere better than where I was at. And voila! They went to a highway! Whew, deep breath...

Anyway, I hope I get the chance to hang out with these friends again. Guess I better get myself a bike so I can ride along with them in the tour de cure next time!



4 comments:

  1. Awww, girl! If you were in St. Paul you should've called me no matter the hour! I could've told you where to find a coffee shop, AND I could've helped you navigate your way out.

    Anyways, I'm so glad you were able to meet your internet peeps! How fun! We need to chat it up so you can tell me all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great you got to meet up with fellow DOC's!! And happy to hear you made it out of the 'hood in one piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know Scully's coming back to run the marathon in Oct.... And since I just need to "pit crew" her and another friend's run (not captain a team of 40+ cyclists), I'll have more time to have fun!
    Also, yes, you need a bike. It's high time you become a Pancremaniac!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap Nikki! You had a complete life-threatening adventure after we split ways!

    It was so fun to finally meet you! You're a blast, and totally welcome to hang out anytime!

    ReplyDelete