Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My CELIABETES Rap.

My CELIABETES Rap.

(Ok, so please try to read/rap this in the fashion of the Beastie Boys. A little em-PHA-sis on the bold words. Be kind. It's my first rap.) :D

(Record= scratch a scratch a scratttttchhhhhh)


My life changed FOREVER
Twenty TEN was the YEAR
That I started on this journey,
That I FACED.MY.FEAR.

"YOU'VE GOT THE CELIAC
AND THE D.M.ONE
Here's a meter and some test strips
Go and HAVE.SOME.FUN"

Three months later with the ENDO
Say "I don't know what I'm DOIN"
Doc says "DO BETTER-
It's your kidneys that you're SCREWIN!"

I go to DIETICIAN,
"DON'T EAT THIS, DON'T EAT THAT!"
But it's harder than it looks
Hey, I'm also CELIAC

CAN'T EAT WHEAT, CAN'T EAT BARLEY,
CAN'T EAT OAT, CAN'T EAT RYE

So many foods excluded
Yo I think I'm gon-na DIE

Since then, I'm improvin'
Life is blessed in ev'ry WAY
I manage these monsters
They won't RUIN.MY.DAY

A1c is goin' DOWN
Must be doin' something RIGHT
CGM flatlined all day
No ALARMS.AT.NIGHT

Trying to learn the CELIABETES
Still I AIN'T.NO.PRO.
But- give a girl a BREAK
I'M ONLY 2 YEARS IN, YO!

5 comments:

  1. Nice! I could totally feel the Beastie Boys in there.
    I'm so stoked to see the "celiabetes" in action! I forgot about that word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! I'll have to rap it in person when I see u guys! LOL

      Delete
  2. I think you missed your callin', girl. You be a rap star! Celiabetes FTW! Your rap name:

    Celia 'Betes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! I definitely hear the Beastie Boys in there. I like the word diabeliac as well :)

      Delete
  3. Haha! This is great!! Very creative :)

    ReplyDelete