Wednesday, August 31, 2011

It's been a very busy week.


Today was a good day. Today, I was notified that I was accepted into my 2nd Master's program, Master of Arts in Holistic Health Studies. I'm about finished with my first Master's, an MBA.

It's been a grueling week of verifying that all paperwork has been received, references filling out paperwork and submitting it, gathering transcripts, writing personal statements and interviewing.

So my classes begin next Thursday, and I'll be taking a full time load. That in addition to the fact I'm planning on returning to the workforce after taking 8 months off to get healthy (see my 2/12/11 post for details on what I'm healing from).

I hope to work for a corporation that focuses on wellness and healing. With my business background, it would be great to open up my own wellness consulting company once I have a few years of experience under my belt. I used to be all about the business degree...until I got so sick in 2010 that I almost died. Then my focus changed to health and healing. And that is where my passion now lies- staying healthy and helping others to discover their own healing capabilities. I'm not under any illusion that I can get rid of my chronic illnesses, but living in a holistic manner has made a night-and-day difference in how I feel everyday. And the results are actually measurable- my blood work shows it.

I was just recently asked by a large health system here in Minnesota to meet with endocrinologists to help improve relationships between them and their patients, and to give doctors ideas for how they can promote self-care. Part of this includes talking with them about the techniques I am currently using to manage all my illnesses.

AND, I offered to help take care of a friend after surgery next week, so I've got to fit that in between things as well.

So I've got a lot going on! All good things, all exciting but demanding and challenging. I don't want to overdo it and end up wrecked from stress. But over time as my health has improved, I've been getting bored with all the time on my hands. Guess I won't be bored any longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment